I am excited this morning! We have raised enough money to move forward with our application. Originally, Brad wanted to wait until we paid off our credit card, then save some money before we moved forward. I completely agreed with that plan, but the more research I did and the more I found out about China's wait times, the more discouraged I became.
Another thing I thought about was faith. Jesus told us to do something (and he told us loud and clear!), but are we doing it? I was beginning to feel we weren't trusting Him. "Yes, Jesus, I will obey you and adopt a child, but you have to wait, ok? Let ME get my finances in order and let ME work out how we can afford this. I am saying yes, but I am not ready to step out of the boat. I'll get back to you Jesus." I really felt that is what we were doing. He provided the money needed to apply - I need to have faith that he will provide the next step, right?
So we are moving forward. I have been in touch with our agency, WACAP, and we are going to apply as soon as I can get the application filled out. It will take a couple of days because I need to do a little more research on the special needs. We have to submit a list of the special needs we would consider.
So! The train is leaving the station! LOL! I am sure we are in for a wild ride!