Thursday, June 25, 2009

OK, SERIOUSLY?

I just received word that our Chinese class is temporarily put on hold. The lady that was doing it for us was offered an opportunity to teach Chinese to soldiers at an area military base. It will last about six months. I completely understand, and it really isn't a big deal. I hope things work favorably for Wu Ming and she is blessed by this opportunity. We will look forward to being able to do it after the first of the year.

Honestly, that is the way things have been going the last couple of weeks. It seems everything is moving forward, but really it is not. Blah. Anyway, so I guess I will have to stick with Kai-Lan teaching me. I guess as long as I can communicate ni hao, Jessica, wo ai ni, that is all that matters! LOL!

4 comments:

Tara. said...

Awww, bummer! I'm sorry it won't work out for you right now. Have you checked in to the Rosetta Stone lessons? I've heard they are awesome and you can find them reasonably priced and barely used on eBay and Craigslist. :)

Beth said...

I'm sorry Mich. I really hope it works out and you're able to learn some Chinese. If it gives you any encouragement, my niece was almost 2 when she was adopted from Russia. She picked up English VERY quickly and had very little problems understanding after a few weeks what my sis and BIL were trying to communicate to her.

rubythread said...

Michele, We are also a Jesus-loving, homeschooling, co-sleeping adoptive family and I would love to email you! I can't find your email address - would you please write to me?
rubythread@gmail.com
Kirsten

Blondie said...

I know that it's expensive, but what about Rosetta Stone of you really want to start now?