Sunday, June 14, 2009

ADVOCACY

When I was nursing my toddlers (past the age of one!)I remember searching for advocacy apparel. I got so tired of hearing people comment about the fact that MY babies were too old to nurse. Anyway, I happened upon this website,!cafepress , that had some awesome shirts. My favorite one still is "Jesus was breastfed". LOL! True, he really was! Anyway, I never ended up buying any shirts, and I have always regretted it.

So I got to thinking, I bet cafepress has great advocacy shirts for adoption! I just checked out the site, and I got SO excited. Some of my favorites said:

"Don't tell my parents, but they don't look a thing like me!"

"Yes, ALL of these kids are mine."

"Waiting for her." with a picture of a little Chinese girl on it!

"Sorry Angelina, I'm taken!"

I could go on ALL day! LOL. If I had a ton of money, I would order all of them. I will leave you with my most favorite - "Yes, I am her REAL mother."

Too funny! I will have to get one this time. If I could find one about adoptive breastfeeding, I would be all over it! LOL. Just kidding. Not.

1 comment:

Tara. said...

Ha! I love those advocacy sayings and I love Cafepress, too! They have some fun stuff. I (gasp!)nurse much longer than I should, too. Thing 4 will be 2 next month and he's still (literally) hanging on!
On a side note: I know a Mom that adopted from Vietnam and she somehow managed to trick her body in to thinking it was pregnant so she could produce breastmilk. She pumped a HUGE amount of BM for the baby they brought homw and stored it all in a deep freezer. The little girl was 7 months old when they got her and I think you want one a little older, right? Anyway, just thought I'd share that it can be done if you really wanted to. :o)