Tuesday, June 9, 2009

REACTIONS

As news traveled around that we are adopting, we have gotten a lot of mixed reactions.

For the most part, people have been very encouraging and very sweet about the decision we have made. To those people, thank you. Thank you for accepting the fact that we don't have all the answers. We have no clue what we are doing, or how it will all work. What we are doing, is obeying the Father. So, thank you to everyone that encouraged us, even if you didn't understand.

We also have gotten quite a few negative reactions. For some reason, they have absolutely caught me off guard. Maybe I am completely self involved and can't see how this could ruffle feathers. Maybe I am so excited to bring our little girl home, that I never thought someone wouldn't be happy for us. Or, more importantly how someone wouldn't be happy for HER.

We have also gotten no response at all. I guess in this case, if they can't say something nice they aren't saying anything at all. In some ways I appreciate that, but honestly, silence speaks a thousand words.

So today has been a little discouraging. Despite that - I am still joyful. I am still in awe. You see, Jesus must think I am a darn good mommy. He has given me not one, not two, not three - but FOUR blessings. I am honored, humbled and very excited that He chose US to be this sweet girl's parents.

So to those people that don't understand, or accept it - it isn't YOUR gift from God to understand or accept. It's ours. She is ours. And I am already thanking my sweet Jesus for her.

No comments: