Monday, July 12, 2010

EMOTIONS ARE RUNNING HIGH

It is the strangest thing, I go from elation to despair in like 3 seconds. I am so excited about going to China! I can't wait to get my daughter! I am also looking forward to the culture and the people. I really can't wait to be there.

On the other hand... every time I think of saying goodbye to my boys (all three of them), I seriously burst into tears. Julianna keeps saying, "Are you CRYING?" Like I am the worlds biggest moron. LOL. We are just a tight family. We don't separate, ever. We don't use babysitters, we homeschool, etc... so we are always together. All of us. I am really having a hard time. It seems that Jackson is starting to have some difficult feelings too. He started crying the other day when we were talking about Willa. Tonight, when he hugged me goodnight, he started crying. I asked him why he was crying and he said he just didn't want me to go. Talk about breaking my heart!

I have never even been apart from Brad for more than a couple of days. UGH. I am a basket case. I can't imagine how hysterical I will be on the 22nd! Here are a few pictures of the treasures I am leaving behind.





See their faces? Oh it kills me!

3 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

I've never been away from my kids for more than two nights...and I have NO idea how I'm going to make it through two WEEKS! I'm trusting that this is where God's overwhelming grace comes in. I don't know how I would be able to do it otherwise!

Kathy said...

I was the same way ! My boys would look at me and say "are you crying AGAIN mom ?" I was so emotional before we left AND it was Christmas time and I was leaving our boys at home !
You can do this ! You will be home before you know it and everyone will be so blessed when Willa is finally home. And then you can take a BIG breath and know all you children are safe and happy and loved. I can't wait to see all the pics from China.

Ashley said...

Oh sweet girl! I was the exact same way! It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I prayed a lot and we Skyped every day, no matter what. But even then I missed them terribly. Won't lie. I was doing great until day 2 with Kate and then I just wanted my girls to be there with me. It's hard, but of the joy when we got back home. This trip brought us all closer together, and I was under the impression that we were already as close as we could get. Silly me! I will pray for you and your boys. It goes by fast, so enjoy your time there, and know that they will do great and be even more in love with you when you get back. :)