Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Got an Award...

Nanny, nanny, boo, boo. Actually I really have no idea what it means to get an award. But here they are!




AND







I am just going to cut and paste from Meredith at 24 Hours - the giver of said awards. I hope she doesn't mind. And btw, thanks Meredith!


Here are the rules for these awards:


a) List 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
b) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.


Coming up with 10 things are going to be a stretch, but I will give it a whirl. I can't promise they will be interesting.


1) I used to be a New Kids on the Block groupie. I mean for real groupie. I basically stole my dad's car and followed their tour bus. I did this on and off for a couple of years. I (obviously) met all the guys and spent the most time with Donnie and Danny. It was a great experience. I had the time of my life. Honestly, when I heard they are touring again, it was all I could do to not pack my bags, jump in my mini van, and follow them again. Then like a second passed, one of my kids laughed in the background and brought me back to Earth. I still love Donnie Wahlberg though.


2) I have been thinking about giving up TV. Completely. It is just trash and it is a distraction in my life. I have started turning it off during the day for everyone. When Brad leaves for work, it gets turned off. The kids can turn it on at 4:30 to watch their favorite show, then they turn it back off. I really like it being off. And I think it would be awesome for it to be off all the time.


3)I am ready to move again. This time, out of NC. I am ready to go home. I think Brad is too. I don't think we will move anytime soon, but when we do, it will be to Charleston I think. Home is just where we belong.


4) Gosh, I am only on number four? Jeez. I think I have perfected Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha at home. I got an espresso machine for Christmas, and with trial and error, I think I have it mastered. It is close enough that now when I go to a town that actually has a Starbucks, I don't feel the need to go. Great. So my once a month treat, is now a daily occurrence. All 600 calories.


5) I am thinking about taking piano lessons. Jackson will be taking them in the fall, and I might join him. Why not? I have a nice new piano (thanks Papa Jim!) and a completely convenient live in piano teacher. So, I might give it a whirl.


6) I have severe self image issues. I think everything is wrong with the way I look. One time I saw an Oprah episode about that. Those women didn't want to leave their house because they thought they were hideous. I am not that bad, but I do understand where those ladies are coming from. I always feel like people are looking at my imperfections - and I have A LOT. I am very self conscious.


7) I also have severe issues with envy. Although I am not sure that is the right word. I don't envy material things - I envy they *way* people are. Like everyone's house is cleaner, they are better parents, better at time management, etc... I feel like I just am never on top of things and everyone else is.


8) I love long hair on guys and facial hair. Always have. My husband is hotter to me now than he has ever been - his hair is long and he has a goatee (minus the mustache). He is very handsome. It amazes me how different he looks now versus when we got married.


9) I am a stalker. I stalk people on the internet, and honestly, I have been known to stalk people in real life. Only old boyfriends, so don't be worried that I may stalk you. I wont. But I used to be a pretty good stalker back in the day, just ask Haley.


10) I wish that I had of named my little girl Juliette. I now love that name, and it is so close to what I actually named her. I wonder if I could change it and it not be a big deal? I wouldn't but I have thought about it.


I am supposed to pass these awards along to other deserving blogs. I fully intend to do this, but it is 1am and I have to go to bed. Stay tuned for who I will pass the awards on to...


Also, if there are grammatical errors, sorry. I am not proof reading. I am WAY to tired tonight. Just over look them! Thanks!

4 comments:

trina said...

Hi Michele, I just saw your post on Stefanie's blog. I understand about the hubby not feeling the "call" yet. I will pray for you/him. If it makes you feel any better, we have three adopted from China...after he said "no" three times. wink!

trina said...

PS: We nurse past one year old and homeschool,too!! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember when you stole your daddy's car. Didn't you hit a fence too????

I remember stalking OLD boyfriends with you...sitting out by there house on the street...waiting for them to come home.

Sigh. Those were the days huh?!!

Tonya

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way you do with issues 6 and 7.