Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'M A GENIUS

That's right. Don't be jealous. I decided today that I *had* to figure out a way to make good Chinese food at home. Our town really lacks a good Chinese place. Well, our town lacks a lot, but that's a whole 'nother post. Anyway, so in my quest for good Chinese, I decided that I was just going to have to do it myself. A few weeks ago, I mastered beef with broccoli, but we aren't big beef eaters, so that wasn't helping me much. Today however, I felt inspired. I was going to *try* to make sesame chicken. I am not going to lie, I was skeered.

I gathered all the ingredients and got to cooking. Through out the whole process I really felt like it was going to be a big, fat FAIL. Toward the end, when the chicken was getting done, it began to look like it was going to come together. So I made the sauce (from scratch, people), and tossed in the chicken. I made rice, and fixed the plates. Oh. My. Lord. I nailed it. I am not kidding, I was so excited. Even Brad, Mister I only eat P.F. Changs, said it was really good.

I am not going to say it was as good as Pei Wei, but it was darn close. Throw in the fact that I live an hour and half from Pei Wei, and it was an awesome substitute. It was so good, in fact, that when I am in a town with a Pei Wei, I wont necessarily seek it out anymore. I can get my fix at home! YAY!

Now if I could just recreate a Taco Cabana experience, I would never leave my house.

5 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh my gosh, sesame chicken is what I ALWAYS order when I go out for Chinese! Please share your recipe, would you?!

Yummmy...now, not only am I wide awake at 1:38 AM, I'm now hungry for Chinese food...thanks!

Beth said...

you MUST share the recipe

Unknown said...

Ditto what Beth said - for those of us (me) that are not geniuses! ;P

Since you're such a foodie, tell me what your favorite Disney food are - counter and table service! (I can't believe I haven't asked before now.)

Tara. said...

Look at you go, girl! I've always known you're a Domestic Goddess deep down inside!

Chrissy said...

I hear you about Pei Wei. I had the afternoon to myself today, and could do anything I wanted, and I took myself right out to lunch at Pei Wei. I love their edamame so so much, it's just never that good at home.

Also there is a Taco Cabana on every corner around here, but I never feel the need. I have gotten really good at making Mexican food at home, though. You'll just have to come visit.