Sunday, July 12, 2009

FUN TIMES

This weekend the kids and I met up with some friends in Raleigh. I haven't seen most of them in well over a year. It was nice to see their kids, meet their new babies and just visit with them!

We got there early afternoon on Friday and we just got home not long ago. I have never had such an action packed 48 hours. We took the kids to the children's museum, an outdoor showing of King Fu Panda, the mall, countless restaurants, and a couple of different houses. I have never been so exhausted in all my life. The kids seemed completely unaffected by the constant stream of activities. They had a blast!

I had a disturbing realization while I was gone though - I have turned into my father. While I had a great time, and am so glad we went, I was so excited to see my couch this afternoon. I promptly came in, sat down, and I haven't moved since. I love my couch like I love my children. Seriously.

Anyway, it was nice to visit and be with friends. I am happy to be home though. I love home. I haven't always been able to say that, and it feels good.

3 comments:

Hsmomto5 said...

I wish I had known you were here:( I noticed that Janna and Mika were involved in this fun time. Maybe next time!

Tara. said...

Wow! What fun times! When can you take a quick trip over to CO to visit me??

Beth said...

awww, if we'd actually made it up for Kyndle's camp I could have met ya'll too. (notice how I would have just invited myself) Darn Bryan for getting injured