Friday, August 19, 2011

SUCH LOVE

It seems that Brad and I have gotten into the bad habit of never going to bed at the same time. Usually he falls asleep on the couch at like 8 (haha, he is so old), then stays up late watching SportsCenter. I usually go to bed by 11. Well, last night, we actually went to bed at the same time.

Here is the conversation that took place just before we fell asleep:

Me: Brad, I've been thinking and I've decided I need you to start calling me by a "pet name". I don't want you to call me Michele anymore. I was thinking something sweet - like babe, honey, angel, love - you know something really sweet.

Brad: Um. OK. How about crazy? or coocoo?

Me: (After I gasped, then pinched him) RUDE!

Brad: I can't help it if you are a freak show. Oh! Freak show! That would be a good one!

Me: Have I told you today that I hate you?

Brad: Nope. Not today.

Me: Then if not, I do. I hate you.

He thought that was the funniest thing ever. LOL! Such sweetness in my man!

We both joke like that all the time with each other. We don't mean a word of it. It's just the way we are. Fortunately, its the way we both are. God really knew what he was doing when he paired us up. I just thought I would share this story, just in case someone over hears him call me "freak show". Don't think bad of him - it's his way of calling me something sweet!

BWAHAHA!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet angel, no worries. You are not the only one who has a husband who thinks like these are opportunities to love using humor.
:)

Stephanie said...

Too funny! Ya gotta love a man's sense of humor...yep, it's often how they love. :)
"Freak Show" - pretty unique!!

Stacie said...

You know, I read this and I think...I really miss y'all!