Thursday, July 28, 2011

A FRESH WORD FROM GOD

This time last week, I was gearing up to meet my friend Ashley in Charlotte for the Beth Moore conference. We had a great time! Ashley has been a great friend to me this last year, and it was so great to spend some time with her.

The conference was awesome. Seriously, such a sweet time. There is just something about coming together with 9400 other women to study the bible with Beth Moore. The "theme" of the weekend was HOLD FAST. Hold fast to Jesus. She shared such a encouraging word from the bible and you could truly feel Jesus in our midst.

When I came home, I searched online for videos of Beth speaking. I found one and immediately watched it. I was blown away by something she shared - she was talking about Elizabeth and Zechariah. The main point in her study was what comes naturally or easily for some, has to come through miracles for others.  She used Elizabeth's pregnancy as an example. Wow. She went on to say that Elizabeth needed a miracle, and God blessed her with a pregnancy.  Well, we all know how her story played out. She gave birth to John the Baptist.

Would I choose the easy path? YES! Would I have chosen for our adoption journey to be so long and painful? Of course not. However, that is exactly the way it's been -  long and painful. I have to say though, I have come to a place in my relationship with Jesus that would not have been likely otherwise. A place of trust and peace.

I am one of those people that need a miracle. This adoption is not going to come easily or naturally for us. We need Jesus to intervene. You know what? When that miracle does come (because it IS coming, you know), it is going to be so much sweeter. Through it, Jesus will show us His glory like never before.

So would I have chosen it this way? No. Am I thankful and humbled His ways are not my ways? YES! I would live every day of this year over and over again, if through our journey, He is shown more Glorious than ever before!

**edited to add: Remember that post about spiritual warfare? Yeah. This week has been a doozy.

Brad was bitten by a black widow. He has been so sick from it.
Our A/C broke (still broken as we speak)
Jameson got sick

That's it for now... stay tuned. I am sure there will be more.

2 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

That's what it's all about...your adoption journey bringing Him glory. And it will!!! It already has. You have clung to our Lord through difficulty and heartbreak, looking forward to the miracle that awaits. Keep pressing onward toward the goal!

Love you and I'm sorry things are so rotten in the spiritual warfare department. I'll be lifting you up there...but remember, Satan only attacks those that are a threat to his kingdom of darkness! Keep being displaying the Light! :)

Jennifer O'Cain said...

So sorry about the Spiritual Warfare going on there but as I read your post it made me think of a Bible Verse I read while I was up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. You really are a strong woman to be going through all this so well.

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of you faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Take that Spiritual Warfare!
Blessings-Jennifer