A friend of mine, Janna, does this cool Top Ten Tuesday thing that I thought looked like fun. She got her idea from OhAmanda. Apparently its a whole big thing that they do every week. So, being the bandwagon jump-er on-er that I am, I thought I would do Top Ten Tuesday too! So here goes:
TOP TEN THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS
1. On friday I am starting a new bible study at church. We are doing Daniel, by Beth Moore this time. We finished Esther not long ago. I am really excited. The bible study for me has been life changing. I am really looking forward to the fellowship too. Most of the ladies involved share the same parenting philosophy that I do, and we bring our kids to the study with us. It is fun for the moms and all the kids!
2. In less than three weeks, I am heading to Charleston to attend the Women of Joy Conference. The guest speaker Friday night will be - wait for it - Kirk Cameron. Oh. My. Lord. I am so very excited to finally get to see him in person. I am not kidding, I have been in love with Michael Seaver since I was like 11 years old. Casting Crowns will be there too. While I have not had a crush on Casting Crowns for
3. The weekend after I get home from Charleston, I am going to Winston Salem for the NC Homeschoolers Conference. We have homeschooled almost 2 years, but I have never gotten to go. I am looking forward to learning all I can to make our school more efficient. I am also looking forward to seeing some old friends there too! I will be going to the conference alone, and I will be spending one night. I have a love/hate relationship with the idea of going alone away from my babies. I may just take one of them with me. Jackson would hate it, Jameson is too little, so that leave Julianna. She would love it I think. So we shall see. Lots of kids will be there, so I am not worried about her.
4. Warm weather. Need I say more?
5. Opening our pool for the season. I don't know why I am looking forward to this, considering last year I got in the pool like once. I am optimistic that the water temperature will actually be higher than the 83 degrees it was last year. 83 degrees just doesn't cut it for me. When you feel like your heart will stop when you get in, I'm not feelin' it. So this year, I am hoping we can reach 87 degrees. We shall see.
6. Losing some weight. Although, I am not motivated to make that happen just yet. I am sure once I put on my bathing suit that will be all the motivation I need.
7. I think we are going to take a day trip to Wet N Wild for the kids.
8. Kicking back on my couch, relaxing in the a/c!
9. Fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies!
10. I am not certain yet, but I think we will plan an end of summer trip to DISNEY!
So that is it. Sorry it was not very exciting, but maybe I will get better at it the more I do it. I think if it was TOP FIVE TUESDAY, I wouldn't have a problem.