Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The best $65 I have EVER spent!

So most of you know that on Sunday, I somehow deleted all of my pictures and videos off of my computer. I could not recover them - they were gone. I am not kidding, I seriously wept. I nearly puked. I said really bad words. Then, I wept some more. Brad knows someone that is a computer genius, so he called him - at 11:30 at night. So he worked on it all night, and couldn't recover anything. He graciously took it to a computer place for me, where it has been since Monday. I have been biting my nails for the last 48+ hours hoping and praying that they were able to recover something off of my hard drive. I called on Monday afternoon, it wasn't ready. I called twice on Tuesday, it wasn't ready. I called this morning, and you guessed it, it wasn't ready. But low and behold, it was ready 30 minutes to closing this afternoon! And you all will be happy to know that 99% of the pictures and videos have been restored! It is for real a miracle! When I picked it up, I just about french kissed the guy who did it. I paused for a moment and looked at his wife beater t-shirt, his tattoos and weird piercings, and his obvious lack of a recent bath, and decided a "THANK YOU" would do.

So I am back! I love you laptop. You are my best friend!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Ok, I'm cracking up over you reconsidering the urge to french the computer guy. Love it! And I'm glad you were able to recover all those pictures! I don't even want to imagine!