Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I have a difficult decision to make.

My sweet little Jameson is almost 14 months. Up until we went on vacation, he nursed five times a day. Well, for the last few weeks, he has dropped down to two. Then since Sunday he has only nursed when I have offered. Today it was only once. If I offer 10 times a day, he will, but I have to offer.

So here is my dilemma - do I stop offering or do I continue? There is a part of me that wants it to be done. I have been pregnant and/or nursing for 4 years. I am ready for a break. Then the other part of me thinks NO WAY! He is still a baby. My LAST baby. How can I stop? The thought of not having that time with him makes me so very sad.

Actually I think I may have just answered my own question. I am going to keep offering. I think he is just so distracted by all the things going on, he forgets that breastmilk is available. I want to give him at least the amount of time I gave Julianna, if not more. So for now I am going to keep going. Besides the AAP recommends until 2, and that was (is?) my original goal. So... thank you blog. Thank you for allowing me to clear my head enough to make a decision that is right for me and my boy!

No comments: