Monday, August 23, 2010

GETTING IN THE GROOVE

We started school last Monday. Our big ol' box of curriculum came from Sonlight week before last, and I could hardly wait to start!


We decided that Jackson and Julianna would share a core (Geography, History, Bible, and Science) and then have separate math, language arts and handwriting. Because they are so close in age, they are able to share those core subjects (the core is for grades K - 2). It makes things super easy.

Here are my littles on their first day:


Of course you can't go to school (or downstairs as it is in our case) without a purse! LOL! Anyway, we are enjoying the curriculum so far. It is very thorough! It feels sooooo good to be back into the swing of things. It is going to take my kids a little while and a lot of beatings to really break their bad summer habits though.

4 comments:

Tara. said...

They are both so cute! I can't believe how big they're getting. I have heard so many great things about the Sonlight curriculum, hope you all have a great school year!

Tara. said...

Oh and, now I have that song my Madonna in my head.
"Get into the groove, boy you've got to prove your love to me!"

Unknown said...

You need to talk to me about Sonlight - it just didn't seem like the right fit for Andrew, especially since we were starting in 4th grade. I'm wondering now if it's what I should use for Will (starting next year).

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I can't wait to begin homeschooling! We are using "Heart of Dakota" something simple that doesn't require too much brain energy from me...lol...I have never homeschooled before and I look forward to learning from Mom's like you!!!!!!!