Monday, May 11, 2009

"FAKE NAILS"

This morning unbeknownst to me, my four year old climbed up on the counter to get a cup out of the cabinet. While up there, she spotted a pack of little girl press on nails on top of the refrigerator. Now, keep in mind, the nails were on top of the fridge for a reason. You see, I have learned the hard way that my sweet little girl might have touch of OCD (I can't imagine where she gets that from). Anyway, even polish makes my sweet little angel crazy. She goes berserk gets a little annoyed if the polish gets even slightly chipped. She stomps her feet, demanding always asks politely to have them repolished. So, I knew that press on nails would be a thorn in my her side. However, she found them, and that was that. Considering the fact that she got them for Christmas, I figured I had hid them long enough and I knew it was just a matter of time anyway.

So I sit her on the counter and we get started. Immediately the OCD kicks in she loved them! I told her they would not stay on for very long. She mentioned that she wanted to wear them to church -ON WEDNESDAY. I politely shared with her that they would not last five minutes until Wednesday, but try to enjoy them while they did. Soon, the boys came in, and joined the fun. It was actually pretty funny. Jackson told me not to take his picture. LOL! I told him that was not an option, and he said, "Well, at least don't put it on the internet." HA! Does he not know me at all? Does he not realize I was going to do that immediately after I was done? For what its worth, the nails didn't even last long enough for me to upload the pictures. Imagine that. As I was leaving the kitchen, she was shrieking, with all the drama she could muster, "Mom! My fake nails are coming offfffffff!" I probably fixed them 12 times in five minutes. Anyway, so here are a few pictures of the ordeal fun.

Moments before the OCD kicks in:



Wait for it:


Here it comes:


She just can't handle it:


She is her mother's child, already trying to figure out how to get them off:


The boys in on the action:



Next up, the hair salon. Yes, I am full aware that all three of my children need it. Thankyouverymuch.

1 comment:

Tara. said...

I love it! Especially the end with JMan sporting one on his finger, LOL