Wednesday, March 9, 2011

AGENCY INFO

There has been some talk lately about different agencies and how they match families from the shared list. It can be pretty competitive in nature. Some agencies stay up the night the shared list comes out so they can be aggressive in matching their families. Other agencies wait until the next business morning to try to match their families.

I can tell you that I would have loved to know which agencies matched at night before I signed with one. Fortunately, America World does indeed stay up the night the list comes out, so it worked out great for me. Other families are not so lucky. They had to find out the hard way. As nerve wracking as the list is, I can't imagine how bonkers I would be if AWAA did not match as soon as the list comes out. Anyway, my friend Kristen did a poll on which agencies do stay up and I thought I would share it here. I think it is very helpful information!


Agency Name
Available at night?
A Helping Hand
Yes
Adoption Associates Inc.
Yes
Americans Adopting Orphans
Yes
Bay Area Adoption Services (BAAS)
Yes
Bethany
No
Children's Home Society and Family Services
Yes
Chrysalis
Yes
Dillon
Yes
EACI Inc.
Yes
European Adoption Consultants (EAC)
Yes
FTIA (Families Through International Adoption)
Yes
Gladney
Yes
Great Wall China Adoption (GWCA)
Yes
Holt
Yes
Lifeline Adoption
Yes
Living Hope Adoption Agency
Yes
Nightlight Christian Adoption
Yes
Small World Adoptions
Yes
Spence Chapin
Yes
WACAP
Yes
WASATCH
Yes
Wide Horizons fir Children (WHFC)
Yes


Hopefully, this list will be helpful! Let me know if you want to add your agency to the list, if it isn't already represented.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm glad I'm off the merrygoround because the agency we used for both our adoptions (Bethany) doesn't stay up which is a bummer since so many do.

danacroy said...

My agency has a Beijing office and watched the lists and calls the St. Louis office which locks files in the night and calls very early in the morning.

Children's Hope International