Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I've been so impressed with Jackson

Jackson has really surprised me this month talking about the election - John McCain versus Arack Obama. He really seemed to understand a lot of it. I was so proud of him. So today, Brad takes the kids to Sonic, after homeschool PE, to get a treat. When they got home, Jackson was sitting at his table, eating his Sonic blast, and he told me about this guy they saw while they were getting their treats. He said, "Mom! I saw a guy at Sonic that was like the president." I asked him to repeat himself, because I was confused. So he said, "I saw a guy that was like the president of the United States of America. Except he wasn't the president. It think he must of been the president of somewhere else." So I asked Brad to explain to me what Jackson was trying to say. Gosh, I can't even type this without laughing. Brad said, "Oh. Yeah, he was black." hahahahhahaha. That was it. My child saw a black guy at Sonic and thought he must be a president somewhere because our new president is black. Good lord I need to get my children out of this town.

No comments: