Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A rookie mistake

Well, you would think after 5+ years of parenting, I would know better. I do know better. Here is the story. I took Julianna, looking OH SO CUTE, into the living room today to take her picture. As I was walking out of the kitchen, I looked back over my shoulder to make sure that Jameson was ok. He was sitting on the floor with a giant box of goldfish. He had his hand so far in the box that you couldn't see his arm. My thought was, oh good. He is entertained for a minute. So I go take Juli's picture.



So, in the meantime, my friend came to get her little girl that I am watching. I am talking to her for a second and I glance into the kitchen. Here is what I saw:



Yikes! Why did I think it would be ok to leave him with the entire box of goldfish? WHY? Jackson thought it was the funniest thing he had seen in a long time. Penny was pretty excited too.

So my next thought as a parent was, should I try to keep them? Sure, they are fine off the floor right? I mean it is my house, and I did just sweep. And it was an entire box ($7.99) of crackers. It is ok right? NO! It is not ok. I can't in good conscience give my kids goldfish off the floor. I sure did think about it though.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I totally would have salvaged them! Only if you don't have pets and the floor was pretty clean!

Steph