Friday, December 18, 2009

FINGERPRINTING APPOINTMENT

I haven't received our fingerprinting appointment letter, yet. However, I have called the USCIS to inquire. I was told our appointments are scheduled on January 5th. That appointment time couldn't be any better, honestly. I was worried it would be this past Monday and Julianna would miss her recital. Then I worried that it would be on a Wednesday (that would be hard for Brad). So, Tuesday, January 5th is great. Also, hopefully since a whole month will pass between our receipt and our appointment, our officer will have a chance to work on our paperwork before hand. I have given up hope of getting my documents to China in January, but the sooner the better.
**********************************************************
Also a new shared list should be out soon. I am really hoping my Jessica is on it. I don't know if it is the holidays or what, but I am really heartsick for her right now. I literally tear up everytime I think about it.

We bought her a couple of Christmas presents. I know that probably sounds silly to most. However, it was something I needed to do. It made me feel closer to her somehow. I feel like it will help make her more tangible to my children. I want them to see that mommy and daddy are already considering her a part of our family. I also didn't want them to ask why Santa didn't bring her anything. We got her the Corolle doll:


We also got her a Pink Build A Bear:


The kids wanted to get her one for when we go to China. I went ahead and bought the bear. After we get a referral, I will let the kids go to BAB and pick her out some clothes and accessories.

My prayer is that this time next Christmas, my baby girl will be home to celebrate the birth of Jesus with her mommy, daddy, brothers and sister. Ok, tears again. Ugh, it is heartbreaking.

4 comments:

Tara. said...

I have no doubt she will be home with you, happy and healthy and thriving. I can't wait! 2010 is going to be an amazing your for your family--all SIX of you!

Tara Anderson said...

I know how you're feeling this holiday season! I bought Soryn an ornament for our tree, but that's all I've bought her so far...with the expaned age range (0-36 months at match) I'm hesitant to buy many toys, clothes, etc. I have cleaned out the kids old toys that they've "outgrown" and Soryn has a nice little collection of those growing in HER closet! I'm hoping your Jessica will be on the next shared list as well!

TanyaLea said...

I don't think it's strange at all. It definitely helps in the wait. I call it 'shopping in faith'!! :)

Yay!! for your fingerprint apptmt...I remember how exciting that was, too! Everything is just one more step closer. Praying your precious daughter is on that next list!!

And you're not going to believe this, but we have that EXACT same doll for Khloe and that EXACT same pink BAB, all dressed up and ready for her to play with! Can't wait to bring it to her in person. Breanna picked it out and we put lots of wishes and kisses on that little heart inside!!

Merry Christmas and God bless!
~ Tanya

Karin said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. :) I smiled when I saw the gifts you bought for Jessica. When we were waiting for our first daughter from China, we bought her the Calin doll, too. And our youngest daughter from China has that same bear from BAB. Hopefully you will be looking at Jessica's face very soon.