Wednesday, August 27, 2008

He is listening more than I think...

This story is why we homeschool. My heart would literally break in two if I missed this. We are focusing on the letter "J" this week. The curriculum we use ties the letter, a science, and a bible study into one. So since the letter is "J", we are studying "jewels" and how valuable they are. To bring our bible study in we are talking about jewels are very valuable, but there is one thing that is more valuable than that - Jesus. I often wonder how much Jackson is actually taking in and retaining. I know he does well in math, but with the kindergarten curriculum, there are no test or anything to see his progress. So today when we were doing our studies, he blew me away (as his mom more than his teacher). I asked him, "how do we know that Jesus is more valuable than jewels?" Here is his response, word for word:

Because he is God. And because he died on the cross. He died to forgive us for his sins, so we can go to heaven. And because he is nice. And he made our bodies. And that's all I got. And an angel helped him out of the tomb. I just membered that.

He really is listening. If he doesn't listen to anything else, he is listening to whats important. I am so proud of him.

Really he is surprising me this year, in just the 4 weeks since school has started back. He is really doing well. He is learning so much. Julianna is really picking up a lot too! It is so very rewarding to be home with them. To see them doing so well, and really enjoying our time together is just the icing on the cake.

No comments: