Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 DAYS OF THANKFULNESS - DAY 2

Since I was late getting my first thankful post up, there will be two for today.

Day Two:

I am thankful for my children (obviously!). However, this post isn't about being thankful for having them, but rather being thankful for who they are.

I am just so proud of their hearts. The each have such sweet spirits. We always talk about good character traits and making right choices, and I can tell you - they get it. They truly desire to live a life that exhibits the fruit of the spirit.

I think about myself as an 8 year old, and I can tell you - I did not think about living a life that reflects the Son with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.  I thought about myself and my own happiness. My heart didn't break for "the least of these". I didn't think about the orphan or widow. I certainly didn't live to please the Father.

However, my children truly seek to live righteous lives. I am not saying all of this to say that my kids are perfect. Not even close. I am just saying that they try. They are aware of these things, and they try to live a life that is fruitful. And honestly, when they fail, they are repentant. They understand that to be repentant it's more than saying sorry. It's saying sorry and turning from that behavior or wrong doing.

They are 8, 6 and 4 - children! Yet, they have found and chosen the narrow path (Matt 7:14). And don't even get me started on their faith! Oh to have the unwavering faith they have!

I am so thankful and so proud of them! God has big plans for them, and I can't wait to see what He will do with their lives!

No comments: